ANNUAL REPORT 2015-16
- An ignited mind is the bedrock of a progressive nation and society. At APS Binnaguri, it is our endeavour to ignite the the minds of our students by giving them access to high quality education and infrastructure. Our Institution has a strong team of over 100 staff members who are devoted, dedicated and determined to the cause.
- Alongwith evaluation of the students academic pursuit, the “Assessment for Learning and Assessment of Learning” as proposed by CBSE in the form of CCE, the academic session 2015-16 was replete with a plethora of activities and events. The students participated with great gusto and lot of enthusiasm in the multifarious activities organized by the school.
- Students were motivated to participate in various competitions organized by C.B.S.E and other agencies like International Olympiads of Mathematics, Informatics, English, Science, General Knowledge & Hindi. A large number of students were awarded for their commendable performance.
- In academics our students excelled with the following results :-
- In Class XII CBSE Examination (AISSCE 2016) :
In Class X CBSE Examination (AISSE 2016) :Following students of this school secured 10 CGPA with overall `A1’ Grades :
- Master Sumit Kumar-Topper Commerce: 92.20%
- Miss Nibedita Ghosh - Topper Humanities: 91.40%
In the field of sports, the school achieved Champions Trophy in Hockey in Inter Army School Command level Competitions.
In 6th district Taekwondo championship 2016 organized by Jalpaiguri District Taekwondo Association, our school bagged 3 Gold Medals and 4 Silver Medals. The 3 Gold Medalists will represent this school State Level Championship.
17 NCC Cadets of this school appeared in NCC `A’ Certificate Examination, out of which 16 Cadets secured `ALPHA’ Grade and 1 secured `BRAVO’.
Army Public School Binnaguri organized `Inter School Science Exhibition’ innovatively titled “Scinnovation – The Mind Box” with participating schools from 4 districts on 29 August 2015, which was the 1st of its kind in this area of North Bengal in order to promote interest among students in the field of Science & Technology, and to appeal to their sense of creativity and innovation.
A one-to-one career counseling session was undertaken by a professional expert from “Career Q” to cater to specific career mapping and related queries of the students.
Alongwith participation in all CBSE initiatives namely “Swachha Bharat Mission” “Road Safety Week” “Education for All”, the school also organized NDA orientation programmes and NDA preparatory classes inspiring students to join the Armed Forces.
Various special occasions were marked by celebrations in the school premises. The Annual Sports Day of the school was held in the month of December 2015. Tagore House emerged as the Sports Champions.
For constant improvements in teaching standards – In-service Teachers’ Training programme was held in the month of Jun 2015 & Mar 2016.
Six Teachers attended the workshops at Faculty Development & Research Centre, New Delhi under the initiative of Army Welfare Education Society.
To recognize the invaluable contribution of the teachers and staff members a few were felicitated on the occasion of Teachers’ Day.
- Miss Asmat Pathan
- Miss Swati
- Master Soumyaratna Debnath
On infrastructure front, the school has initiated a number of projects which include construction of additional classrooms, automation of the library, establishment of CCTV System, construction of counsellor’s room, most importantly we are having 100% TAL enabled Teaching Learning environment by installing Smart Boards in all the classrooms. A 9 seater Bolero was also procured for the students’ and teachers’ transit. A zero client based computer laboratory with AC fitting and online UPS has been installed. This year we have thought of some very specific and important improvements which would help us reach our goals, like Automated Information Management
System for school and making of sound proof recording studio for CBSE Assessment of Speaking and Learning Skills and improved facilities in playgrounds.
The achievements of the previous year, provide us the energy and zeal to achieve even greater heights and laurels through the dedication and hard work of the students, teachers, support staffs and School Management in the present academic session.
- Ms Laxmi Devi Rai (PGT Bio)
- Ms Reena Rani Oraon(TGT Social Studies)
- Mrs Hardeep Azad (PRT)
- Mr Harendra Singh (Best User of Technology)
- Mrs Sudeshna Dhar (Contribution in CCA)
- Mr Sujit Kumar Das (Administrative Support)
- Mr Bikram Basfor (Group D)