ANNUAL REPORT 2017-18
- “Education is not preparation for life, Education is life itself”. At Army Public School Binnaguri, it is our endeavour to infuse the young eager minds which
flock to the institution with knowledge, by providing them access to high quality education and learning experiences. The best way to predict the future is to
create it. The institution has a strong team of over 100 Staff members who are devoted, dedicated and determined to pave the path for the creation of a progressive
nation and society.
- Alongwith evaluation of the students academic pursuit, as proposed by CBSE ,in the academic session 2017-18 was replete with a plethora of activities and events.
The students participated with great gusto and lot of enthusiasm in the multifarious activities organized by the school.
- Students were motivated to participate in various competitions organized by agencies like C.B.S.E. and International Olympiads of Mathematics, Informatics,
English, Science, General Knowledge & Hindi. A Large number of students were awarded for their commendable performance.
- In academics our students excelled with the following result:-
- In Class XII CBSE Examination (AISSCE 2017) :
In Class X CBSE Examination(AISSE 2017) :Following students of this school excelled with the following results :
- Miss Rukshana Parveen - Topped Science. 94%
- Miss Arushi Saran - Topped Humanities 90.2%
- Miss Siwani Tamang - Topped Commerce 88.4%
1ST position in Inter School Debate Competition conducted at St.JamesBinnaguri. AbhishekChaudhury (XII SC) was adjudged the Best Speaker.
In the field of sports, the school achieved 1st position in Cluster level and 2nd Position in Command Level Inter Army School football Competition in session
The school achieved 2nd Position in Cluster Level Basketball Tournament(Boys).
Participated in District Council for Games and Sports Zonal Level Competitions organized by West Bengal State Government, the following students won laurels
for the school:
- Miss Nandini Kumari-96%
- Mr Vinay Kumar Singh-95%
- Mr Abhiraj Singh-91%
SannyPandey of Class XII Science won laurels for the school acquiring:
- AnuragTripathi (XII Com):1st position in Shotput.
- Rahul Singh (XI Science):2nd position in 200m race.
- NirbhayRathore (X):3rd position in 3000m race.
- KritanjaliGhosh (XII Arts):3rd position in Shot put and Discuss.
- AnuragTripathi and Rahul Singh qualified for District Level.
- AnsulPandey (XI Sc)2nd position in 3km kripan Platinum Run,organized by 20 MtnDiv
Federation Cup Karate Champion held at New Delhi on 26-27 May 2017:
- 1st position in 10 km Marathon,organized by ChamurchiYuvaSangha,Chamurchi.
- 1st position in 3km Kripan Platinum Run,organized by 20 Mtn.Div
- 1st position in Zonal and District Level in 500m run and participated in West Bengal State Level Competition.
4th International Karate Championship held at Kolkata on 28-29 July 2017:
- RaviyaJaydevRajubhai(II D):Silver
- Yash H Gunjal (VI C):Bronze
- Soham Sachin Shinde (VII A):Bronze
- Soham Sachin Shinde (VII A):Gold
- Varun Tiwari (III B): Bronze
A one-to-one career counseling session was undertaken by an professional expert “CareerQ” to cater to specific career mapping and related queries of the students.
Alongwith participation in all CBSE initiatives namely “Swachha Bharat Mission” “Road Safety Week” “Education for All”, the school also organized NDA orientation
programmes and NDA preparatory classes inspiring students to join the Armed Forces.
Various special occasions were marked by celebrations in the school premises. The Annual Sports Day of the school was held in the month of December 2017.
Gandhi House emerged as the Sports Champions in the senior wing and Shastri House in the junior wing .For constant improvements in teaching standards – In-service Teachers’ Training programme was held in the month of Mar and Jun 2017.
Teachers attended the workshops at Faculty Development & Research Centre, New Delhi under the initiative of Army Welfare Education Society.
To recognize the invaluable contribution of the teachers and staff members a few were felicitated on the occasion of Teachers’ Day.
- 15 NCC Cadets of the schoolattended the CATC camp (10 days).Cadet Jovial Mahali (IX B) and Cadet AnkitOraon (IX B) were selected for TSC (ThalSena Camp).
- Cadet Jovial Mahali and AnkitOraon attended 6 camps and were selected for IGC (Inter Group Competition)representing Darjeeling Group which was held on 1-6
August 2018 where their group stood first.
- 21 Cadets from the school appeared for the ‘A’ Certificate Exam,held at Gairkata High School on 30 January 2018 and all of them successfully passed the Exam.
Infrastructure wise a number of constant improvements are being made on a regular basis like Construction of Additional Classrooms, Automation of the Library,
establishment of CCTV System, construction of Counsellor’s room, purchase of School Car (Bolero), we also have 100% TAL enabled Teaching Learning environment by
installing Smart Boards in all the classrooms.
This year also we have thought of some very specific and important improvements which would help us reach our goals.
Automated Information Management System Solution for the School, Renovation of Computer Lab with zero client computing systems, and making of sound proof
recording studio for CBSE Assessment of Speaking and Learning Skills and improved facilities in playgrounds.
I would like to take the opportunity to thank the Management, Teachers, Staff, Students and parents of Army Public School Binnaguri for their constant
support in nurturing a common dream of imparting Quality Education and inculcating core human values among students of this School.I hereby express my heartfelt
thanks to GOC, HQ 20 MtnDiv, Patron Army Public School Binnaguri and Dy GOC, Chairman APS Binnaguri for their constant guidance & support, the School Administration
and Management Committee members, all the parents &well wishers for having faith in us and helping Team APS Binnaguri reach greater heights of success and glory.
- Mrs.Puja Gupta (PGT Hindi)
- Mr.Ram Balak(TGT Science)
- Mr Sutapa Mishra (PRT)